Monday, November 5, 2012

Wreck it Ralph Vis Dev and Matte Painting


I hope you guys enjoyed Ralph opening weekend! I worked on Ralph first as a visual development artist and then a Matte Painter, so here's some stuff.

Vis Dev!



Matte Painting the image below was a huge challenge. Not only does it take up the entire screen, the painting had to hold up in stereo and as a 2d background that felt like it was created and rendered in pure cgi. I also had to paint two versions; a destroyed version of Sugar Rush and a pristine version.


And my favorite piece of unused graffiti in game central station. 
 

4 comments:

robin_chyo said...

Gahhh! So good! Loved the movie..currently flipping through the art book!

Nick Hendriks said...

Terrific work! I'm desperate to see this movie, it looks great.

Chiaroscurosity said...

Kicking butt, Helen!

Anonymous said...

Sweet work (hehe)--and I suspect they're working on licensing it for a game which means somebody will keep the Sugar Rush concept art ball rolling.

I see some Will Cotton inspiration in there